CITY OF HAVERHILL
Municipal Ordinance §120-11. Fees. [Amended 1-18-1977 by Doc. 5; 8-11-1981 by Doc. 151-B, 6-14-1983 by Doc.110, 1-28-1992 by Doc 23. 5-21-2002 by Doc 75, 7-24-2015 by Doc 89]
Building Permits and Fees.
(1) A building permit is not required for non-structural repairs one thousand ($1,000.) for labor and materials. However, notification of the Building Inspection Department by phone or mail prior to starting repairs is mandatory in order to be sure repairs are made in compliance with the Massachusetts Building Code. Said repairs shall consist of only actual out-of-pocket costs and disbursements.
(2) New construction: permit application of fifty dollars ($50.) for the first 2,000 plus fourteen dollars ($14.) per one thousand dollars ($1,000.), or portion thereof, with no maximum. New residential occupancy fee of fifty dollars ($50.) to be included at time of building permit issuance.
(3) Prior to a building permit being issued for new construction, a site plan must be filed. A site plan review fee of $100 shall be charge and paid.
(4) Alterations, additions, and repairs: permit application of fifty dollars ($50.) for the first two thousand dollars ($2,000.) plus fourteen dollars ($14.) for each additional thousand dollars or portion thereof.
(5) Any reinspection shall be subject to a fee of $25.
(6) Certificate of occupancy.
a)Occupancy permits for new homes or complete remodel of existing homes ($50.)
b) Temporary occupancy permits: fifty dollars ($50.)
c)Each additional inspection for occupancy permit where violations are found: twenty dollars ($20.)
d) Commercial buildings: one hundred dollars ($100.) per five (5) years.
(7) Certification of buildings will be done in accordance to fees outlined in the Massachusetts State Building Code, and in cases where violations are found, an additional fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.) per inspection will be charged.
(8) All fees will be doubled in the event work is started before a permits is obtained or permission is granted by the Inspector.
(9) Demolition: Residential - twenty-five dollars ($25.) for each floor to be demolished, plus an additional thirty-five ($35.) dollars for application fee.Commercial - $13.00 per 1,000 or portion therof.
(10) Removal of Stop Work Orders: fifty dollars ($50.)
(11) Amusement parks, equipment, tents etc. twenty dollars ($20.) per unit.
(12) Requested inspection of existing buildings: fifty dollars ($50.)
(13) Foundation Permits:
- Residential foundation $75.00
- Commercial foundation $0.20 per linear foot
- Multi-family dwellings, attached: $75.00 per unit.
(14) Moving permits.
a) Dwelling and large structures: two hundred dollars ($200.) minimum
b) Less than ten by twenty (10x20) feet that require use of state, county, or town roads: twenty-five dollars ($25.)
(15) Signs: twenty-five dollars ($25.) plus fifteen dollars ($15.) per one thousand or portion thereof after the first one thousand dollars
(16) Air conditioning, except units included under the original building
permit (central air or where structural alterations are required):
fifteen dollars ($15.) plus ten dollars ($10.) per one thousand
dollars ($1,000) or portion thereof.
(17)Heating alterations permit application: twenty-five dollars ($25.)
plus twelve dollars ($12.) per one thousand or portion thereof.
(18)Change of ownership permit: fifty dollars ($50.)
(19)Construction trailer and/or emergency mobile home: fifty dollars ($50.) Storage trailer permit fee: fifty dollars ($50.)
(20)Gravel removal permits: fifty dollars ($50.)
(21)Permit renewals: twenty-five dollars ($25.00)
(22)Solid fuel burning stove permits and chimney permits: thirty dollars ($30.)
(23)Zoning verification for business certificates: ten dollars ($10.00)
(24)Conformance to zoning affidavit: twenty-five dollars ($25.00)
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category