The City provides two (2) annual Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events.
One in the Spring, one in the Fall.
Scheduled for Saturday, March 18, 2023
And a FALL event for Saturday, October 14, 2023
Held at: Wastewater Treatment Plant -40 South Porter St, from 9 AM until noon.
If you can't attend the city's event there are a few 3rd party companies that do accept material by appointment -for a nominal fee (link).
What Hazardous Products Can I Bring?
General Household Materials
Lawn and Garden Materials
Do Not Bring:
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
- Commercial hazardous waste
- Construction waste/building materials
- CRT's, computer monitors, television sets*
- Empty aerosol cans
- Auto Batteries*
- Fire extinguishers*
- Gas cylinders (other than propane)*
- Latex Paint - dried out latex paint can be disposed of with your regular trash curbside
- Medicines or syringes - medical waste can be dropped off Walgreens (on Main St)
- Radioactive materials
- Used Motor Oil (bring to Recycle Center -last Saturday of each month)
- Smoke Detectors -they go in the regular trash.
- Propane Tanks*
*Bring to Recycle Center Sat 8am-1pm -Additional Cost
To Ensure Safety:
- NEVER MIX CHEMICALS
- NEVER SMOKE while handling hazardous materials
- Do not place waste in plastic garbage bags
- Tighten caps and lids leaving material in original labeled containers
- Sort and pack paint, pesticides and household cleaners separately
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes and pad with newspaper
- Pack your vehicle and go directly