HEALTH & INSPECTION SERVICES
- Local Regulations
- Electrical Fees
- Commercial and Industrial
- Electrical Permit Application (.pdf)
- Check the Status of a Contractor
The Inspector is in the office from 8-9 a.m. and 3-4 p.m. for questions.
All Fees will be doubled in the event work is started before a permit is obtained or permission is granted by the Inspector.
- If applications are mailed, allow a minimum of three (3) working days for the permit to be issued prior to requesting inspection. Please enclose a self- addressed stamped envelope for the return of the permit
- It is required that the Electrician be present for any inspection.
- Service conductors to be installed in approved raceways.
- Oil burners shall have an emergency switch at the burner and outside the fire area and shall have a firomatic thermal switch.
- Outdoor signs shall be separate circuits, approved raceways outside of building with service disconnect switch.
- Installations to be tested by the Electrician for polarization, grounds and proper connections.
- No Permit fee for work being done for the city.
- New House with 100 Amp Service - Total Fee $250
- New House with 200 Amp Service - Total Fee $250
- New House with 400 Amp Service - Total Fee $250
- Dwelling Units New/Remodel Each Unit - $125
- Minimum Electrical Permit - $20
- 1-10 Devices - $25
- Additional devices - $1
- All appliances for remodel/alterations - $20 each
- 100 Amp Service Change includes 1 meter - $40
- 200 Amp Service Change includes 1 meter - $60
- Additional Meters - $15 each
- All Sub-panels ½ price of service for each panel up to 400A
- Oil or Gas Heating Systems - $50
- Swimming Pools - $50
- Smoke Detectors - $50
- Fire Alarm System - $50
- Security System - $50
- Siding - $50
- General Repairs Residential or Commercial - $50
- 100 Amp Service - 1 Meter- $40
- 200 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $ 50
- 400 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $ 75
- 600 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $100
- 800 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $125
- 1000 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $150
- 1200 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $200
- 1500 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $225
- 2000 Amp Service - Additional Meters $20 each- $250
- Temp Service - $50
- Signs - $50 each
- Air Conditioners & Air Handlers - $75 each
- Commercial Appliances - $50 each
- General Repairs - $30
- 1-10 Devices - $30
- Each additional devices - $1
- Carnival, Circus, & Fairs - $125
- Traffic Signals - $40 per pole
- Nursing Home Yearly Inspection - $50
- Remodeling Renovations, Repairing or Additions - Same as New
- Re-inspection Fee - $25
- Yearly Maintenance Permits (Jan. 1st - Dec 31st) - $150
- First 10 Kilowatts or kilovolt-amperes - $20
- Each additional kilowatt or kilovolt-ampere up 1,000 - $1
- Over 1,000 kilowatts or kilovolt-ampere up to 5,000 (includes all integral equipment and appurtenance) - $500
- Over 5,000 kilowatts for kilovolt-ampere (includes all integral equipment and appurtenance) - $1,500
- Motors up to 10 horse power - $15 each
- Each additional horse power - $1
-- top of page --