Census information

City Census has been sent out - please respond and return to us as soon as you can.
Every year the City Clerk's Office mails the annual city census to all residential households as required by Massachusetts General Law Chapter 51 Section 4. Responding to the Annual Census keeps your voting status active.  Even if you are not a registered voter, responding to the census will ensure that the City Clerk’s Office can provide you with proof of residency.  An accurate count of residents in Haverhill assists in providing better municipal services. 

 Please return your census within ten (10) days of receipt either by mail, in person (postage is required if returning by mail).

(Dog license renewal applications are included in the census - if you do not have a dog, no need to fill it out.  Dog License renewal starts March 1 - May 31)

 Can I Tell if I Am Registered to Vote Using the Census?

There will be an asterisk  "*" next to your name.

You cannot register to vote using the annual census form.

 If you wish to register to vote you can do so in person at the City Clerk's Office, online by clicking here, at the Registry of Motor Vehicles or by mailing in a Voter Registration Form to the Haverhill City Clerk's Office.

 I have my census and everything is accurate...

 If there are no changes needed to be made, please sign and date your form on the line provided at the bottom of the form and return it to the clerk's office.

You can also sign it and scan to us to census@cityofhaverhill.com.  This is ONLY if there are NO changes to your census information.

 The address listed on the census is incorrect, can I change it?

 If the entire household has moved within or outside of Haverhill, clearly write the new address in the space provided. Please note that residents within the household who are registered voters must provide their original signature to process any changes, including a new address.

 If an individual resident has moved they can change their address via the census but REMEMBER, they must provide their original signature on one of the provided lines. They can also send a signed letter to the City Clerk's Office stating that they moved.

If you need a census form, you can click here.  

For more information please contact the City Clerk's Office at 978-374-2312 or by e-mail at cityclerk@cityofhaverhill.com