The City Clerk's office is required to inactivate those voters who have not returned this year's census. If you have not returned this year's census, you are now an inactive voter and we will be sending you a confirmation card. When you receive this card, please fill out and return to us (prepaid) and we can return you to active status and update your census.
Being an inactive voter will still allow you to vote in the upcoming elections but you will have to fill out a form and show ID or proof that you still live at that address. You can check your status at this link: Voter registration. If you are inactive and have not voted in 2 consecutive biennial state elections, you will be deleted from the voter list - we will notify you of such action.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the clerk's office.
Office of the City Clerk- Mission Statement:
The City Clerk is the head of the City's Department of Records and keeper of the City archives, keeper of vital statistics, and the custodian of the City seal and all public records belonging to the City. In addition, the City Clerk is the administrator of the oath of office to all City Officers and performs all duties with regard to the conduct of elections and other such matters provided by general laws.
City Clerk- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep systematic files of all public records of the City.
- Establish and maintain procedures for the keeping of vital statistics; assure the prompt issuance of the correct vital statistic records as requested.
- Establish and maintain system for keeping records of municipal meetings.
- Maintain legally required postings and timely information on the City bulletin board.
- Issue dog licenses; collect fees for licenses.
- Receive claims against the City and provide claimant with information as to procedures.
- Administer oath of office to all City officials.
- Prepare, distribute, receive, review for accuracy, and record City census.
- Administration of all elections.
- Provide pertinent legal documents to City departments that are impacted by law, ordinance, or contract.
- Prepare City Council agenda and maintain a file of all City Council documents. Prepare minutes of City Council meetings
The 2018 Census has been mailed - please return as soon as possible - failure to respond could result in being removed from the voter list. Also, this year our vendor used the National Change of Address system so many people who have moved from Haverhill are receiving the Census. If you are such a recipient, please sign as well as any other voter in your household, and let us know you have moved from Haverhill - we will update your information in our voter system.
If there are no changes to your census, you can now email it back to us: email@example.com
2019 Election Calendar
City Council Public Participation Form
Public Records Request information
Conflict of Interest training for Municipal Employees
Open Meeting Law training
Sec. of State Galvin's Public Records Regs.-updated 1-2017
Secretary of the Commonwealth William Francis Galvin is pleased to announce that online voter registration is available in the Commonwealth through the portal launched by his office. This important advancement will make registration easier and more convenient as well as cut costs relating to the printing of voter registration forms.
Massachusetts citizens can apply online by visiting Secretary Galvin’s website at www.sec.state.ma.us and clicking the “Massachusetts Register to Vote Online” button to access the online application system. Any Massachusetts citizen who has a valid identification card issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles will be able to use the online system to apply to register to vote, update their address or change their party enrollment.
Massachusetts citizens who do not have identification issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles can still complete an application online which they can print, sign and mail or hand-deliver to their local election official.
Please send all meeting notices: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Haverhill City Clerk's office is proud to announce its new Facebook page - sign up for notifications and post your questions! www.facebook.com/cityofhaverhillmaclerk
City Clerk Transaction Listing and forms:
|City Clerk, Linda L Koutoulas
Asst. City Clerk/Lic. Comm. Clerk, Laura Angus
|Hours: Monday - Friday, 8AM-4PM
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- Business Certificates
- Voter Registration English Spanish On-Line
- Absentee ballots - English Spanish
- Pollworker application
- Claims against City for damage
- Dog License
- Livery/Taxi Licenses
- Second Hand Dealer License
- Marriage License - we also perform marriages by appointment in the Clerk's office.
- Raffle Licenses
- Flea market licenses
- Drainlayer license
- Yard sale permits
- Junk dealer license
- Fortune teller/palm reading license