The goal of the Parking Services Division in the City of Haverhill is to provide you with a clean, safe, and customer friendly parking environment.
Temporary Changes to City of Haverhill Parking Management and Enforcement in the Downtown Area.
The City of Haverhill is adapting parking enforcement and parking rules to support residents and business as we navigate the Covid-19 public health crisis.
- The following will remain in effect until further notice, unless otherwise stated.
- No payment of parking fees for on street parking or for City owned parking lots.
- All signs that indicate no parking, including no parking during a specified time, will still be enforced.
- Two (2) hour time limit is still in effect and will be enforced. All statutory regulations such as No Parking in a cross walk, within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, etc. will be strictly enforced.
The City is responsible for the overall management of nearly 1,000 City owned parking spaces in the Central Business District with on-street parking, 11 parking lots, the Herbert H. Goecke Parking garage and the back-in-angle parking area on Bailey Boulevard. Paid parking operations are run by Laz Parking, a private parking contractor.
The MVRTA is responsible for the Parking lot and Garage on Granite Street adjacent to Haverhill Station as well as the parking lot adjacent to Bradford Station. http://www.mvrta.com/
The map shows the parking lots in downtown Haverhill.
The Central Business District (CBD) parking plan provides many important benefits:
- promotes parking turnover in the CBD
- assists with relieving traffic congestion throughout the downtown which stimulates residential and business opportunities
- provides funding through the paid parking program to offset parking expenses.
To ensure the compliance with the latest restrictions, always be sure to follow the posted signs.
Paid Parking in the Haverhill Central Business District (Downtown)
In City owned parking lots (see list), the Herbert H. Goecke Parking Deck there is a charge of $.50 per hour for parking from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday. Parking is free on Saturday and Sunday. Parking earlier than 8am and after 8pm is free.
Downtown parking permits
Parking permits are available for residents and/or employees of the Central Business District.
HOW TO OBTAIN PERMITS
Permits may be purchased by completing an online application. Once completed, the permit will be available for pickup by the end of the next business day. The permit can then be picked up at the garage office at: 43 Granite st, Haverhill MA, 01843
TYPE OF PERMITS
Both Yearly and Quarterly Permits will be pro-rated by the full month and billed accordingly at $20/ per month.
For More Information
For further information regarding the parking program, please contact Laz Parking Services via their web site at https://www.lazparking.com/cityofhaverhill or call 978-872-7463.
Parking Tickets and Enforcement:
Questions concerning Parking tickets and enforcement information should be directed to City of Haverhill Treasurers office at (978) 420-3643
Please be advised that the City of Haverhill's overnight winter parking ordinance is in effect November 15th through April 1st. Click here for more information